After completing this course, students will be able to understand the basic functioning of a Treasury Department in an organization, regardless of whether it is a small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) or a large public company. Students will also have the chance to build from scratch and practice with a treasury management tool (the “toy”) using the information from the income statement, balance sheet, annual budget and the due dates from customer and supplier invoices in the accounting system of a real anonymous enterprise. This course covers part of the content of courses P2. Advanced Management Accounting and F3. Financial Strategy of the CIMA professional qualification as Chartered Global Management Accounting™.
Topics covered include (not necessarily in this order):
- Introduction to Corporate Treasury Management
- Liquidity Planning and cash management
- Liquidity Planning and working capital management
- Liquidity Planning and short-term debt management
- Liquidity Planning and risk management
- Liquidity Planning and cash concentration
- Hot topics in Treasury Management
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.