This is an elective course for students in the Master of Science Programme in Accounting and Auditing.
The aim of the course is to teach students to handle VAT issues in the private sector, NGOs and the public sector.
There is an increasing interest for VAT law issues, both in the private and public sector. VAT is a significant source of revenue, and companies, municipalities and NGOs run the risk of incurring substantial losses due to incorrect handling of VAT issues.
- The concept of "supply"
- The taxable person criteria
- Exceptions and exemptions from the law
- Tax-deductible expenses
- Adjustment rules
- Import VAT, including relevant customs law
- Accounting rules of importance for VAT law
- Additional VAT
- The EU VAT system (main features)
- VAT issues in international trade
This is an excerpt from the complete course description for the course. If you are an active student at BI, you can find the complete course descriptions with information on eg. learning goals, learning process, curriculum and exam at portal.bi.no. We reserve the right to make changes to this description.